Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Huge Need for a oracle project management forum
Huge Need for a oracle project management forum [message #198176] Mon, 16 October 2006 00:48 Go to next message
dushyant
Hi

I see a great need for a oracle project management forum , in your vast list of forums.

Oracle Project Management is a complex science as well as a fine art. There are many project management issues which arise day in day out in oracle projects. Team Members at various roles find issues tough nuts to crack.

I strongly feel and recommend OPM Forum as members will greatly benefit from the experience and knowledge of senior members.

Questions can be answered by anyone who successfully handled oracle projects as

1.Project Manager
2.Engagement Manager
3.Implementation Manager
4.Program Manager
5.Project Leader
6.Team Leader
7.Senior Consultants
8.Lead Consultnats
9.Subject Matter Experts
10.Others

Please do give a serious thought about it. Iam very confident it will be a most viewed forum. Sure of creating many threads of questions and answers.

Thanks&Regards
Dushyant Kumar
Project Manager (Software Development Group)
Lanco Global Systems
Hyderabad, India
Re: Huge Need for a oracle project management forum [message #198181 is a reply to message #198176] Mon, 16 October 2006 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Can we list the new forum under "Other" (Non-product related Oracle Discussions)?
Re: Huge Need for a oracle project management forum [message #198184 is a reply to message #198176] Mon, 16 October 2006 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant
Hi Frank

Sure, why not. It should have presence in Oracle FAQ's, be it under any heading/classification.

If ORAFAQ becomes the platform for addressing Oracle project managemnet issues, it will be a great value add from the site.

Thanks&Regards
Dushyant
Re: Huge Need for a oracle project management forum [message #198194 is a reply to message #198184] Mon, 16 October 2006 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
Perhaps I just haven't my head in the right place... Confused What do see as some typical questions for the OPM forum that do not have a more natural home in one of the other forums?

Ross Leishman
Re: Huge Need for a oracle project management forum [message #198259 is a reply to message #198181] Mon, 16 October 2006 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
The suggested topics are common to all fields (IT and NON-IT).

It is indeed, a very vast area.
IMO, the topics like quality-control,process/domain engineering and solutions,
software testing/compliance and standardization, intellectual property and other project
management areas (listed by Dushyant) are well addressed only in a very few
forums (or mostly only through white papers and private communications/seminars/Special interest groups).

In fact Oracle has its own family of products named Oracle Projects (management/collaboration/intelligence).
http://www.oracle.com/applications/projects/intro.html
Any technical question on these are right now addressed in our E-business suites.

Keeping the conversation within "Oracle" would be very hard. But if implemented, it would
be definitely one of its kind.
Re: Huge Need for a oracle project management forum [message #198365 is a reply to message #198259] Mon, 16 October 2006 17:41 Go to previous message
rleishman
Mahesh Rajendran wrote on Mon, 16 October 2006 20:30
Keeping the conversation within "Oracle" would be very hard.

That's what I was thinking. Project Management evokes (for me) images of Issue Escalation, Risk Management, Scheduling, Budgeting; typically non-Oracle issues.

In fact, when I think of the best Project Managers I have ever served, they all have little Oracle expertise. Perhaps this is because I generally dont use Oracle front-ends, just the RDBMS.

That's cool though. I'll crawl back in my box now. Wink

Ross Leishman
Previous Topic: How about Perl DBI
Next Topic: Where did this one come from?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:27:06 CDT 2024