Home » RDBMS Server » Security » obtaining security reports on users on different hosts
obtaining security reports on users on different hosts [message #160292] Fri, 24 February 2006 05:23 Go to next message
kanjer
Hi,

I am very new to the world of databases, so please excuse me for sounding very newbie. I am trying to pull the following information from some Database hosts or DS Queries for a project i am on.
I need to get the following information

users, their roles, the groups they are in, the databases they can access. Also it would be great if i could find out what level of permissionings are on the database groups. I do not have access to all the database host and thus will be accessing this info using SQL*Plus which will access the hosts for me. any ideas how this can work if any?

Thanks
Re: obtaining security reports on users on different hosts [message #182031 is a reply to message #160292] Wed, 12 July 2006 11:49 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
All of the information you need is in the system tables. For instance, to see what database a user can use they must have a username (select username from dba_users order by username;) or have access to a database link.

Read the 'Oracle <version number> reference book' to see how to get the other information. I usually use the 'DBA_...' tables. The run time information is in the V$... tables.
BTW, do not access these tables directly, use the appropriate sql statements.
Neil.
Previous Topic: Grant select any table, revoke specific table
Next Topic: ORACLE NOT AVAILABL PLEASE HELP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:05:45 CDT 2024