Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Transaction Tracer in Oracle
Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142687] Mon, 17 October 2005 04:09 Go to next message
cmanimaran
Hi,

I want to Trace the Transactions(Selects, Inserts, PL/SQLs etc..) happening in my Schema. Currently I am using Statement Tracer for ODBC, but this tool brings my application(from where i post the trns) to an abrupt end. Is there any other effective tracer i can use? or is there any utility tool provided by Oracle itself?

Thanks & regards

Manimaran
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142692 is a reply to message #142687] Mon, 17 October 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarundua

I am not sure but can't you audit DML from Oracle itself .

Here are the details of Oracle Auditing feature.

click here

Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142731 is a reply to message #142692] Mon, 17 October 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmanimaran
I don't have DBA rights? then how will i proceed
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142735 is a reply to message #142692] Mon, 17 October 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmanimaran
Is it possible to audit without any privelages? I won't be getting thoses privelages as per our policies, suggest some other solution.

Thanks

Manimaran
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142738 is a reply to message #142735] Mon, 17 October 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You cannot ( THere are some petty workaround. But a reliable method is to have proper audit rights / DBA rights).
Just curious.
If you are not entitled to get 'Audit related thingies' then,
what are you really worried about.
If you want to play a Cop, you need some authority.
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142741 is a reply to message #142738] Mon, 17 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Please let me re-phrase the question.
>>I want to Trace the Transactions(Selects, Inserts, PL/SQLs etc..)

Do you want to just trace the sql/plsql statments executing in your OWN session /users session or
you want to know who did it ( in case SOME other user is inserting deleting into your schema)?
Please explain.
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142863 is a reply to message #142741] Tue, 18 October 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmanimaran
It's not question of being a Cop, My company's Business Application has a large set of tables, where Business Rules, trn data are stored. Though an extensive help is available, it is difficult to trap the errors especially when it fails in Business Rules Tables. Since the trn's tables are known by us we don't have a problem.

The core application development team sits in New York & Vienna, it takes time to get an reply from them. So i thought why not a tracer be put in . If you have worked in MS-SQL, u would have come across the Tracer tool provided by them.

I tried a freeware 'statement tracer', but it chokes up the memory.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks & regards

Mani

Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142864 is a reply to message #142863] Tue, 18 October 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmanimaran
I mean any action in my schema should be traced, the same way available in MS-SQL Transaction Tracer.

Mani
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #142969 is a reply to message #142864] Tue, 18 October 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
There are different methods available.
1. Sql tracing based on events.
You can trace all internal errors, every sql issued , their plans and stats through this.
But you cannot see who issued it.
This is more for analyzing server level / session level internals.Not on transaction level
2. Auditing.
This would this would give information like, who did what? was the operation success.
3. I believe, you are looking for what we call Logminer.

http://www.dbazine.com/oracle/or-articles/hordila9

But all above needs some kind of Administrative rights.
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #143347 is a reply to message #142969] Thu, 20 October 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cmanimaran
As I have mentioned in my earlier mails, I am using an Third Party Tool 'Statement Tracer' a freeware downloaded from www.aboves.com

The problem is it chokes up the memory and my application which is under Tracer comes to an abrupt end when the no of queries is quite high.

Getting some rights from dba for some auditing is totally ruled out.

I just wanted to know any other Tracer available which does'nt occupy more memory space.

My idea is to find out in which table my Insert or any other statement failed. Our internal log of the application will give only the error no in case of our Businees Rule tables and error no. as well as table name for our transaction tables.

I hope I've given a better picture now.

Thanks & regards

Manimaran
Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #415612 is a reply to message #142687] Tue, 28 July 2009 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
easymatica
cmanimaran wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 12:09
Hi,

I want to Trace the Transactions(Selects, Inserts, PL/SQLs etc..) happening in my Schema. Currently I am using Statement Tracer for ODBC, but this tool brings my application(from where i post the trns) to an abrupt end. Is there any other effective tracer i can use?

try FlexTracer from Easy******.com

[Updated on: Tue, 28 July 2009 08:37] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Transaction Tracer in Oracle [message #415613 is a reply to message #415612] Tue, 28 July 2009 06:44 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Are you only able to answer the same thing to 4 or 5 years old closed topic?
Are your product not able to satisfy current problems?

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/414801/102589/#msg_414801

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Reset database (merged)
Next Topic: Oracle XML DB
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 08:43:36 CDT 2024