Home » RDBMS Server » Security » distructive user on my database....what should i do?
icon5.gif  distructive user on my database....what should i do? [message #117269] Tue, 26 April 2005 03:32 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

my question is some thing releated to security of databae ....
suppose i created user and gave him right to access database as a user with default profile .... now as he is malacious user what he can do harm my database...

Note:- [1]Malacious user is able to connect through SQL> prompt on the database .

what should i hide for that user, is any dictionary table by which he/she can change the profile of other user ....any idea?

Your answer and suggestion will be appriciated

Re: distructive user on my database....what should i do? [message #117403 is a reply to message #117269] Wed, 27 April 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
HI

That depends upon what roles/priveleges u hv granted to that user.

For detail, pls go thru roles & priveleges that can be granted to users. That'll make the concept more clear.

Regds
Girish
Re: distructive user on my database....what should i do? [message #117436 is a reply to message #117403] Wed, 27 April 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Girish i know it depends on the role and priveleges that is given to user by dba....but suppose if i create user which is exactly clon of scott user which is default user of oracle database ... now how this clon of scott can harm my database ..... access to which view or table of dictionary should be ban for a clon of scott?

Note :- This was the question asked to me in my interview and my reply was same as yours ..it depends on the role and privileges that is been assign to user....but interviewer told me there must be some table or view of dictionary that user can access by which he can harm the database ... but he had not told me the table or view name ..ha ha ha

Expecting some Answer from any one....

Re: distructive user on my database....what should i do? [message #117851 is a reply to message #117269] Sat, 30 April 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taraldesai
so u have created copy of scott user. be cool he cant harm anything. only you should trace that he should not have plysical access to db-server. and very next thing change the password of internal.
icon10.gif  Re: distructive user on my database....what should i do? [message #118617 is a reply to message #117851] Fri, 06 May 2005 08:22 Go to previous message
sunil_v_mishra
hi ,

I dont know y the hell people ask such question in interview.... to be very honest this type of question make doubt in our mind ... and we think that there is something lacking in our general understanding of oracel database concepts.....

Thanks to every one for your relpy ... now i can sleep well ..ha ha... coz now i believe question was very stupid and senseless

Previous Topic: privs to see data in table outside user schema
Next Topic: Very Urgent!...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:21:25 CDT 2024