Home » RDBMS Server » Security » urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux
icon5.gif  urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux [message #117049] Sun, 24 April 2005 00:47 Go to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

I am new at oracle 10g on linux o/s

My problem is that without giving password i can connect to my database as sysdba. I want that only one password for sysdba ... i can ceate password file but when i create password file then also my problem is not solved as i can connect to database as sysdba without giving password .. i dont know what to do ....help me please ..any one

========
Note :-
========
[1] I am working on oracle 10g on linux
[2] I am creating password file after shuting down my oracle 10g database.
[3]I was not able to find this paramete SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES. in my sqlnet.ora in oracle 10g
[4]Below is my files content of sqlnet.ora which is located at /home/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: /home/oracle/product/10.1.0/Db/network/
admin/sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT)

From
Sunil
Re: urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux [message #117075 is a reply to message #117049] Sun, 24 April 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
HI

For using password file authentication, try setting the initialization parameter REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter to EXCLUSIVE or SHARED

Also, do check the connect string you are giving. Right now, you must be giving
"connect / as sysdba". This uses OS authentication.
Try giving "connect sys as sysdba", then it will ask for the password.

Regds
Girish
Re: urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux... mahesh frank martin [message #117121 is a reply to message #117075] Mon, 25 April 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

thanks for your reply by the way ... my authentication is not os authentication on my database ...

i know in init.ora

 REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=NONE

Now to connect to DB
 SQL > CONNECT / AS SYSDBA;

NONE : Password file not to be used for authentication
• If value is none , than you cant grant the sysdba to user
• If value is none , than user/dba will be authenticated by OS authentication

but girish my actual problem is that .... i m connecting to the database by

sql>connect sys as sysdba
password: <--- here i just press enter i m able to connect to the database

now tell me what shud i do ....

Re: urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux... mahesh frank martin [message #117144 is a reply to message #117121] Mon, 25 April 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
Have you tried setting hte password for sys?

Regds
Girish
Re: urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux... mahesh frank martin [message #117172 is a reply to message #117144] Mon, 25 April 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Is it so that i am on server on which database is present so i m able to connect without giving password ...?
sql>connect sys as sysdba
password: <--- i press enter without giving password and i m connected.

Girish i know i m not doing O/S authentication.. any way thanks for giving me your precious thought and time on my question i mean it .

i can set one password for sys on on win 2000 server for oracle 9i database.. by that only sys will be able to connect... i have doen this with help of mahesh ... but i am trying same thing on linux Red hat enterprise edition 3.0 and oracle 10g and not able to do....i m new to oracle 10g as well as linux...

Re: urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux... mahesh frank martin [message #117272 is a reply to message #117172] Tue, 26 April 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi ,,

Every one, On server i can connect without giving password but from remote pc and pc which r on local network i m not able to connect as it is. I have to give password to connect as sysdba... so i think that as i am on server where database physically resides so i am able to connect without giving password....

I am Sorry for wasting your time on this issue .... i mean it ...

Any way thank you very much
from sunil
Re: urgent... password problem for oracle 10g on linux... mahesh frank martin [message #117402 is a reply to message #117272] Wed, 27 April 2005 01:16 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
Dear MAhesh Martin Frank

I m also waiting fro the response to this query. I myself is not sure, how come this is happening?

Regds
Girish
Previous Topic: restricted access in Oracle ???
Next Topic: profile of user...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:05:42 CDT 2024