Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Adding a user
Adding a user [message #116004] Fri, 15 April 2005 18:17 Go to next message
Moxy_Fruvous
Hi guys, I know almost nothing about Oracle - I'm not a DBA - I've only used Oracle from the end user POV - Now our Oracle DBA had a family emergency and had to leave us - I need to add some users to our webusers list so they can access the front end of our database - I don't know where oracle keeps it or how to add to it - We're looking for some help but so far we've come up dry - anyone know anything that i can try? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Moxy
Re: Adding a user [message #116043 is a reply to message #116004] Sat, 16 April 2005 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William Robertson
CREATE USER

Example from docs:

CREATE USER sidney 
    IDENTIFIED BY out_standing1 
    DEFAULT TABLESPACE example 
    QUOTA 10M ON example 
    TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp
    QUOTA 5M ON system 
    PROFILE app_user 
    PASSWORD EXPIRE;

Do you have access to tools such as PL/SQL Developer, TOAD etc? These have convenient wizard-style interfaces for creating new users. You could download the free demo copy and maybe it will last you until the DBA gets back.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 April 2005 18:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding a user [message #116109 is a reply to message #116004] Sun, 17 April 2005 17:39 Go to previous message
Moxy_Fruvous
THANK YOU... I'll give it a try - I really appreciate the help I don't know what we'd do without it Smile
Previous Topic: database security thru roles
Next Topic: rule / format for the username and password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:58:39 CDT 2024