Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » express server installation error
express server installation error [message #93046] Fri, 18 October 2002 08:42 Go to next message
kshathrya
i am getting an error when i try to install oracle express. it says the sysman dir, under c:oracleora92 is not found and home not registered and so on. i pressed continue and i have installed it
now i go to instance manager and it asks for discobver nodes. i do not know what to type in there.
i am new to express and i would really appreciate some advice on how to setup express server and client and how to hook it to the database
please advice. i have downloaded the manuals. its not helping much. are there any links taht will help.
Re: express server installation error [message #93047 is a reply to message #93046] Mon, 21 October 2002 11:50 Go to previous message
Ken Miller
KS,

Are you tring to install express to the same oracle home as the oracle db ?

What os are you using ?

The first thing that I would try is to install express to another oracle home (e.g. oes_home).

Working with Express for 4 years on many operating systems I have not seen this message, but since 6.3 it is important to install to a separate oracle home.

Ken
Previous Topic: Requirement for Head - Business Intelligence
Next Topic: express server service wont start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:25:11 CDT 2024