Home » Developer & Programmer » Data Integration » Re: Oracle Financial Analyzer
Re: Oracle Financial Analyzer [message #92990] Thu, 18 July 2002 12:10 Go to next message
Kahin Farah
Folks,

We are thinking about implementing Oracle Financials Analyzer. Are there any security issues with regard to the current versions of Oracle Analyzer and Oracle Express.

I would appreciate if someone can give me some feeback back from this product. Some of the questions I have are:

1) What is the most stable platform to run this product?
2) Is it scalable and can it be linked to 11i oracle apps?
3) How long does it take to implement?
4) Any hurdles or security risks?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Kahin
Re: Oracle Financial Analyzer [message #93037 is a reply to message #92990] Tue, 08 October 2002 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amit sharma
1) What is the most stable platform to run this product?
Ans: Unix is the most stable platform. But your Oracle financials should not be running on the server on which u wish to install OFA. OES consumes a lot of resourses and will slow down your Oracle Instance. users will complain.

2) Is it scalable and can it be linked to 11i oracle apps?
Ans:Yes it is scalable and it can be linked to Oracle Apps GL. There is a PDF file which comes with OFA named OFA-Link-Demo.pdf which comes with OFA cd. You can import all the Accounts balances from GL to work upon(the books should be closed before importing). You can set up auto import utility also. The Task Processor handles everything.

3) How long does it take to implement?
Ans: If Oracle Express Server is properly configured and you decide upon what to install like a THIN CLIENT or a THICK CLIENT it will take 2 days maximum to implement which includes setting up of users also.

4) Any hurdles or security risks?
Ans: No hurdles for security
Re: Oracle Financial Analyzer [message #93230 is a reply to message #93037] Wed, 14 January 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WAEL
Oracle Financial Analyzer

Re: Oracle Financial Analyzer [message #93298 is a reply to message #93037] Sun, 06 June 2004 09:33 Go to previous message
Prasanna
Hi,

I am not able to connect my OFA to express server
Kindly suggest the steps to do so.
Previous Topic: Averagint Data in OSA
Next Topic: olap tools in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:08:22 CDT 2024