Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Audit Client Utility Information (Oracle Database 11.2.0.3 / Exadata)
Audit Client Utility Information [message #622591] Wed, 27 August 2014 20:40 Go to next message
jesuisantony
Hello All,

I was asked to provide the latest logon details of all DB users. I was able to get this information from DBA_AUDIT_SESSION table. This contains when did the user login to the DB for the last time. There is another ask on this. Has the user connected through TOAD, SQLDeveloper or some other client utility?

V$session captures this information in module/program column. However they are runtime sessions. Is there a way that I can find which utility was used by any DB user to login to the database. Is the historic information captured anywhere in the database?

Please provide your inputs.
Re: Audit Client Utility Information [message #622592 is a reply to message #622591] Wed, 27 August 2014 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
> Is the historic information captured anywhere in the database?
NO

>V$session captures this information in module/program column.
module/program details can be spoofed
Re: Audit Client Utility Information [message #622597 is a reply to message #622592] Thu, 28 August 2014 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

In addition, v$session contains this information AFTER the connection and AFTER the program tells it to the database.
DBA_AUDIT_SESSION contains the record AT connection time (so BEFORE the previous action).

Re: Audit Client Utility Information [message #622743 is a reply to message #622597] Thu, 28 August 2014 15:25 Go to previous message
EdStevens
Just thinking out loud, seems that one could set up the listener log as an external table (where the client is identified) and join that to the audit trail.
Previous Topic: Lock the SYS account
Next Topic: Locking the system user id in oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:36:07 CDT 2024