Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Causes and prevention of computer data loss?
icon7.gif  Causes and prevention of computer data loss? [message #566042] Tue, 11 September 2012 00:04 Go to next message
Carlow Olson
Hello Everyone,

I don't know about Prevention Of Data Loss. If anyone knows about Prevention Of Data Loss, then please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks
Carlow Olson

Re: Causes and prevention of computer data loss? [message #566049 is a reply to message #566042] Tue, 11 September 2012 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&output=search&q=Prevention+Of+Data+Loss&oq=Prevention+Of+Data+Loss

Regards
Michel
Re: Causes and prevention of computer data loss? [message #569715 is a reply to message #566049] Wed, 31 October 2012 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Here's your steps:

1. Backup your data.
2. Backup it again.
3. Go to step 1.

Once you have that right, buy RAID disks arrays, secure your servers & databases, do off-site vaulting, test & document data restores, etc.
Re: Causes and prevention of computer data loss? [message #569737 is a reply to message #569715] Wed, 31 October 2012 15:13 Go to previous message
ThomasG
Don't leave out one important step:

1b. Check that you are able to restore from the backup you took, and that everything you need is included in the backup.

Nothing is worse (or funnier, depending on whether it's YOUR data) than have a "yeah, we have a backup" be amended with a "theoretically" when disaster strikes. Razz

The last thing that happened to me, while it did cause no actual data loss, and the database was up and running again about 2 hours after the hardware crashed, we had an additional 10 hours of downtime because some tiny configuration files for the application hat to be pulled from multiple tapes that had to be dug out.

Previous Topic: Php gets stuck when inserting data to Oracle DB
Next Topic: .net connection to oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:43:44 CDT 2024