Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Re: User ID/ Password/ Host string for Oracle 10G (split from hijacked thread by bb)
Re: User ID/ Password/ Host string for Oracle 10G (split from hijacked thread by bb) [message #111006] Fri, 11 March 2005 16:25 Go to next message
MeganP
I have just downloaded Oracle 10G into my PC from Oracle wabsite.
What user ID, Password, Host string do I need to use to log into the database using SQL*Plus?

Thanks!
Re: User ID/ Password/ Host string for Oracle 10G [message #111011 is a reply to message #111006] Fri, 11 March 2005 23:50 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
Did you just download it, or did you run what you downloaded to install Oracle and create a database? Did you install the database server, as you should have, or just the client. If you actually installed the Oracle database server and created a database, then you should have been prompted to provide passwords during the installation process. If you elected to install the scott schema that contains the Oracle emp and dept demo tables, then you should be able to login with username scott and password tiger and leave the connect string blank. Are you able to get to a SQL*Plus login screen?
Previous Topic: Help me Password for OraApp1158
Next Topic: How to delete a user?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:42:44 CDT 2024