Home » RDBMS Server » Security » grant Privileges to a user ,??
grant Privileges to a user ,?? [message #485868] Fri, 10 December 2010 14:23 Go to next message
mlotfi
Hi,
I am new in oracle,I am a java developer and would like to install data locally in my computer for testing purpose.

I login as sysdba in sqlplus, created a user.

In the installation documentation it said :

This user should have at least the following privileges. CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE PROCEDURE, CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM, CREATE USER, CREATE ROLE, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE SESSION CREATE TRIGGER, AND CREATE TYPE. If you choose, you can grant DBA role to this user.
Note: Coeus Schema owner should have CREATE USER and ALTER USER right explicitly granted to it, not through a role like DBA.

1)How to grant all this prvileges to that user ?

2)How this user will have CREATE USER and ALTER USER right explicitly granted to it, not through a role like DBA ?

Thanks, your help is appreciated.

Re: grant Privileges to a user ,?? [message #485869 is a reply to message #485868] Fri, 10 December 2010 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
SQL> GRANT CREATE SESSION TO USER_A;
do same for each & every privilege to be issued
Re: grant Privileges to a user ,?? [message #485871 is a reply to message #485869] Fri, 10 December 2010 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mlotfi
Thank you,

how about :

2)How this user will have CREATE USER and ALTER USER right explicitly granted to it, not through a role like DBA ?

thanks,
Re: grant Privileges to a user ,?? [message #485874 is a reply to message #485871] Fri, 10 December 2010 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>2)How this user will have CREATE USER and ALTER USER right explicitly granted to it, not through a role like DBA ?
do same for each & every privilege to be issued
Re: grant Privileges to a user ,?? [message #486092 is a reply to message #485874] Mon, 13 December 2010 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
najjuizzhere
conn / as sysdba

GRANT CREATE USER TO USERA_A;
GRANT ALTER USER TO USERA_A;
Re: grant Privileges to a user ,?? [message #486105 is a reply to message #486092] Mon, 13 December 2010 10:42 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
What does this add to the previous answers but a BIG error:

- Never ever use SYS (or SYSDBA) but for maintenance purpose (startup, shutdown, backup, recover)
- SYS/SYSDBA is special
- SYS/SYSDBA is Oracle proprietary (try to open a SR/TAR starting with "i did that with SYS/SYSDBA" and you'll see the immediate answer)
- SYS/SYSDBA does not act like any other user
- When you use SYS/SYSDBA Oracle deactivates some code path and activates others
- Whatever you do with SYS/SYSDBA will neither validate nor invalidate the same thing with any other user.

NEVER EVER use SYS/SYSDBA for anything that can be done by another user.
Use SYS/SYSDBA ONLY for something that can't be done by someone else.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Object/System privilege there.. Schema privilege there?
Next Topic: Audit Vault Collectors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:40:20 CDT 2024