Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. (Any)
icon5.gif  Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469586] Thu, 05 August 2010 04:17 Go to next message
rahulvb
Hi All,

Its been some time I have made an observation , People on forum put their Source code as test case , they even bother to mask the table name for other data.

Is it Good / Bad , Should be avoided or Should not be accepted by Forum to prevent Breach.

Any Suggestion or Feedback on this !!!

AS my take is We can Clearly mention in Guidelines that this should be avoided.

-Rahul
Re: Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469589 is a reply to message #469586] Thu, 05 August 2010 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Only posters know what is confidential and what is not.
For me, table or column names are not, most of the time code is so simple that it does not show anything confidential.
Only data may, in this case they are removed by moderators when OP asks for it.

Note: This question is about the forum itself and so must be posted in "Suggestions & Feedback" part and not "General" one which is for "General Oracle discussions that don't belong in any other forum".

Regards
Michel
Re: Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469590 is a reply to message #469589] Thu, 05 August 2010 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
Smile I knew it that someone is going to say that it shoud not be in General.
Re: Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469592 is a reply to message #469590] Thu, 05 August 2010 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rahulvb
So can we mention in Guidelines that this should be avoided?
Re: Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469593 is a reply to message #469592] Thu, 05 August 2010 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
I don't see the point, as Michel says, posters should know if stuff is confidential before they post.
Realistically what is anyone going to do with a table definition or two and and maybe a procedure/function in isolation?
They could copy them into their DB but what use would it be?

Even table data is largely useless to anyone other than the OP and the people trying to help them - unless it's stuff like customer/accounting information it's going to be useless outside of their database.
Re: Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469714 is a reply to message #469593] Thu, 05 August 2010 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramoradba
Yes Thats exactly,
IF it is really confidential (like IP address)
Quote:
in this case they are removed by moderators when OP asks for it.

so no need to mention in forum guide lines

sriram
Re: Putting Source Code in Test Case on Forum. [message #469917 is a reply to message #469592] Fri, 06 August 2010 06:04 Go to previous message
rahulvb
rahulvb wrote on Thu, 05 August 2010 04:35
So can we mention in Guidelines that this should be avoided?

It was Just a suggestion on the best Interest of Forum ..but anyways.. Smile
Previous Topic: Invisible Memeber?
Next Topic: Multiple Notifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:39:11 CDT 2024